Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Face of The Long Life Happiness One Whose Ways Are Beautiful!

It was two days ago that Gaelyn and I stood in the presence of the Almighty… Here is my version of the encounter… We found ourselves at Crazy Jug Point, after a somewhat long and slow ride… But I have to say that it was very beautiful! The forest had many different trees and shrubs and flowers of all kinds. All of which were beautiful. From the tallest of Ponderosas, to the smallest of little blue flowers. Gaelyn has all those pics and I’m sure you all will be seeing them soon. We arrived at our destination after many stops to take pictures, and just to look around. I didn’t even seem to find myself becoming impatient to get where we were going! The views were fantastic! And after awhile, The Lord came and showed off a little in the form of an awesome rain over the canyon…

PICT0013 (800x600)  This view was really cool from the end of the point…

There was one storm that came by with some lightning… so we just stayed in the camper for a while until it passed… Got pretty windy, but little rain. And of course Talking God had something to say… Maybe an invitation to the spectacle that was about to occur…

PICT0035 (800x600) The show hade begun… No lightning, just a gentle, female rain. It looked as if the Spirit was washing it’s child…

PICT0054 (800x600) As the water fell to the earth, a reassurance of the soul could be felt. All will not thirst forever… Through it all, the Light kept shining.

PICT0055 (800x600) There’s that Geogypsy doing what she loves to do! She has really made a beautiful scene even more so! She fits right in!

PICT0038 (800x600) The face of the Creator could be seen in every turn of the clouds, and drop of rain…

PICT0066 (600x800) I didn’t even realize that I had gotten this image until I downloaded it from the card that evening. Can you see the face of Jesus? 

PICT0011 (800x600) A few moments later, that face had opened up into this hole and the light shined again.

PICT0075 (800x600) The rain just got more and more spectacular! As it passed right in front of us, it began to do something that was truly amazing.

PICT0108 (600x800)  A double rainbow appeared in the rain laden sky. Gods promise and covenant with all humanity… The crowning glory of the event we had just witnessed! The second rainbow is a faint copy of the original, a reflection in the water vapor. I figure this because the colors are switched in both, see?

PICT0158 I am so thankful to see that smile! Just makes my millennium!!!

After a while we went inside to eat lunch, that rainbow wasn't going anywhere… In fact it stayed for more than an hour!

PICT0130 (800x600) After lunch we came out to an eerily awesome sight… The rainbow had taken on an almost physical appearance. It began to look like a tube that you could either walk on or be taken up into… And the rain seemed as if it were coming from the rainbow itself… And believe me, my cheapo little digital camera can’t really show you what it was really like. It was something I had never in my life seen with these eyes of mine. I was blown away with the sheer size of it, and the way it seemed to declare something greater than all things, a name above all names, The name of my friend and brother… Jesus…   

 

                                                                               I am what I am

10 comments:

  1. Yes indeed, what a sight to behold. I wish I could have been there to see it, too. Doesn't it make you feel rather small when you see something so grand that our creator has blessed us with? Between Geogypsys' and your pictures I can almost smell the rain in the canyon!
    'Louisiana Reader'

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a beautiful adventure we shared and nature gave us a magnificent show. May we enjoy many more together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photos of this great event! I so wish I could have been there to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are fantastic pictures Mike and it seems like the two of you had a great time. Those rainbows are awesome but everything pales when compared to that lovely smile from Gaelyn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike: Very special post and I did see the face in the clouds foretelling of a spectacular sight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What incredible captures, Mike! So happy that you and Gaelyn had such a great trip. The rainbow is breathtaking and I love being able to see the rain shower in the distance! Superb! Hope you both have a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gods truely did shine on you two, Mike. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What was an awesome sky show that keeps on giving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who needs TV..Thanks for the lovely commentary. You are both in a special place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing experience for you both! LOVE this, and that rainbow...the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete