Saturday, June 26, 2010

Laundry Day up on the Rim

   Today was laundry day… something that I really don’t enjoy! But as with most things, it has to be done. The only saving grace is that I’ve got some help… Not very good help, but help none the less…

Copy of DSCF7486 (800x600)

Here’s my only employee… Some times he’s a good hand with things, and other times, well you get the picture. he’s kind of small so that makes him very useful when it comes to tight spaces. Like when you have to take off an oil filter on your car, or pull things out from under the bed…

Copy of DSCF7487 (800x600) 

On the bigger things, he needs a boost up… as sometimes all of us do. So I just put something he can climb up on and away he goes.

Copy of DSCF7489 (800x600)

Now how did you get up there? Oh well, at least I know where your at…

Copy of DSCF7490 (800x600)

And he needs a bathroom brake from time to time…

Copy of DSCF7491 (800x600)

I turned around for one second and he tried to fill the sink and go swimming. I had to tell him the sink was for washing his hands only, which made him sad…

Copy of DSCF7492 (800x600)

But he cheered right up when I turned on the air dryer, and had a little fun. He likes it when the hot air blows his hat off, but made me promise that I wouldn’t take his picture, as he is bald on top, and is real self conscious about it so I didn’t.

Copy of DSCF7488 (800x600)

After I put the clothes in the dryer, I couldn’t find him… Until I heard some faint giggling… I opened the door on the dryer, and lo and behold, there he was! going for the ride of his life!

It sure was a lot of fun doing laundry with the help of my little friend! Friends are really good to have, in fact, you can never have too many friends! Friends are part of what makes life worth living!

A true friend doesn’t care what color you are, or how much you weigh, or if you have some kind of physical handicap, or any thing else! A true friend just loves you for who you are… with all your faults and short comings!

And I am happy to say that I have lots of true friends! You know who you are, and I will leave you with this…

   I love all my friends!!!

 

                                                  I am what I am

5 comments:

  1. Nice to know that you and Gaelyn and the little gnome guy are having so much fun at the Grand Canyon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure glad the two of you got the laundry done today. Now I'll have clean uniforms next week. Thanks to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky to have helpers like this Mike. Send him over once a week to help me too please.

    You are right, friends make all the difference in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are what we are, and it's great when help comes our way. Fun shots, my friend.

    ReplyDelete